Thursday, October 1, 2009

Potential date on the horizon...

No date tonight, instead a glass of wine with Midtown Girl and then to H&M to pick up a scarf because it is getting cold!! Potential one tomorrow...Antoinette, a friend from graduate school--nice girl, very generous--invited me out for a girls night out, but it has turned into an evening where everyone who is coming is bringing her boyfriend or husband except me (and maybe Echo, if she can go--singles solidarity!). Was feeling as I generally do...should I perhaps back out of this clear fiasco in the making? Having horrible moment of channeling terrible terrible Bridget Jones book (v. bad book; fairly charming movie) where I am asked about being a singleton.

But wait...friend hints that her husband may bring along european soccer buddies. um, yes?! Potentially interested, but last time european soccer buddies were promised, I ended up way out in Queens in massive beer garden (not the good one), with two couples. Had a fine time, but felt a tiny bit out of place, especially when the hugs goodbye came and I got on the subway to begin my hour commute home by myself. Do not want to end up seventh wheel in tomorrow's events. Hmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment