Thursday, October 8, 2009

Date 6: Underwhelmed

I had a first date with a guy from okcupid.com last night. Going into it, I knew almost nothing about him, just that he had a really Jewish name (I'm half-Jewish, and not observant at all), was short, and likes to go out to trivia nights at a local bar.

He was pefectly nice, but I wasn't feeling so great and was ready to go home anytime. I need to learn to send better signals or just end dates early. This date ended relatively early, but he walked me to my gym, where I was supposed to be meeting my sister, and asked if he could call me next week. I sort of said, "Oh, I'm balancing a lot of things next week, but okay, try me."

Now I'm not sure if I should head him off by sending a note saying I'm not interested, or just wait and see if he follows up, then say no.

I'm a little disturbed that the short thing bothered me. I'm tiny (5' tall), so short guys often pick me out (I think you can filter by height on these dating sites). I think I could be into a short guy if they have a big personality - if they're really funny, or do something really amazing, or at least flirt well.

I signed up for Crazy Blind Date (thanks to Echo for the invite), and I have my first CBD tomorrow after work. I think it could be fun, based on totally arbitrary judgments I'm making about this dude's name and summary of his political views.

1 comment:

  1. It's me, Calliope. I'm impressed that both you and Echo are doing CBD. I feel like I should try it, but I fear I may be getting the flu :( so not this week. And no worries about telling me about N's second kid. :) It's all for the best.

    ReplyDelete