Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Date 5: The "Dream" Date

So I didn't have an actual date, instead last night I dreamt about one of my exes--the entire dream was a date. It was a weird dream because I haven't thought about him in ages. We broke up about 5 years ago (although I took it very hard). I had harbored hopes that we would get together again but those were dashed six months after we broke up when we met up and after an hour he mentioned that he was living with his ex-girlfriend (and NOT the one he had broken up with me for), AND that he had accidentally gotten her pregnant one month after he and I had broke up. Having a kid with someone else pretty much negates any possibility of getting back together with them. I sometimes was nostalgic about him, but that's all.
I think he was inserted back into my unconscious a few weeks ago when Midtown Girl told me that she had run into him at a party and that he had gotten married to the girl and they were having another kid. I think that was a kind of a whammie. Obviously, makes perfect sense! He should marry the mother of his child (now children). But again, I think sometimes we hold onto shreds of dreams that we don't want to admit we do. So I think this ripped the last shred.
Anyway, in my dream we went from a donut shop to a go-carts track to some sort of house where we were both trying to fix the plumbing. Hmm, writing this out it all seems a bit too literal. Sweetness, childlike innocence (and children), and a desire to fix what's gummed up the works. And probably something sexual in there as well.
But it was nice to spend a little time with him once again.
Bittersweetly, it was one of the better dates I've had in a while.

1 comment:

  1. I feel bad for being the messenger! I hope I wasn't being insensitive in telling you.

    On the other hand, I like your interpretation of the dream. You're good at this.

    ReplyDelete